Pin It

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Candy Corn Pretzel Bark

Sign up to take a sweet treat for the Halloween Party at school or want to take something cute to the office to share tomorrow?  I have just the thing for you!

I found this recipe at I Heart Naptime and took it to the 1st grade pumpkin party last week.  Several moms asked me for the recipe so I thought y'all might like it.

Candy Corn Pretzel Bark
1 bag of pretzels (I love the Snyder's square snaps)
1 (11 oz.) bag of Caramel bits
1 (16 oz.) package of Vanilla candy coating or white chocolate
1 (9 oz.) bag of Candy Corn flavored M & Ms

Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or wax paper (I almost never have wax paper) and place pretzels on pan side by side. Make sure the pretzels are touching.  Melt caramel in a microwavable bowl according to package directions. ** TIP - Caramel is not like chocolate that seems to stay hot.  You will most likely have to reheat a few times after you spoon out caramel over the pretzels.  The caramel hardens quickly.  Stir caramel until smooth and then spoon caramel over each individual pretzel.

Melt the vanilla coating in the microwave according to package directions. ** You have to be very careful with chocolate in the microwave.  It burns quickly & then the entire batch is ruined.  (Yes, I know from experience.) Pour the coating over the caramel and spread evenly. Immediately place M&M's or candy corn on top. The chocolate helps the M & Ms to stick.  Allow candy to harden and then cut into pieces.

Below is today's attempt.  I am taking the bark to the teacher's lounge tomorrow as a treat. 

Here is what you need

My Caramel wasn't very even.  My youngest needed my help with something which caused the caramel to harden

Vanilla coating


Finished Candy Corn Caramel Pretzel Bark!


Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

No comments:

Post a Comment