Pin It

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Some New Paintings, the Latest from Elf Jingle & more

A sorority sister of mine asked me recently about paintings that I have painted and posted on Facebook.  She wanted to know where I hang them all because I seem to paint so many! Until a couple of years ago I swore that although I was creative, I was NOT artistic at all.  Those gifts seemed to pass to my sister who enjoyed drawing as a child and is a gifted photographer.  My artistic abilities seemed limited to stick figures.  Once I had little ones, I found myself having more and more 'make it work' moments forcing what little artistic ability I had to be pried from deep within.  Once it peeked out, I found that I really loved it and actually found it relaxing.  Imagine that?!?

I signed up for more and more painting classes at local art studios and try my best to paint about once every couple of months.   I am no Monet, but I can follow instructions.  In fact, the art classes have helped me to just 'go with it' more and I find myself enjoying painting more and more.

The paintings are throughout the house but I change them according to the seasons.  Some of the paintings I really love and some will hopefully soon retire to the attic permanently.  The fall paintings were just taken down to make way for the collection of Christmas art.  I have plans to paint a Santa soon but am not sure I will be able to fit it in the schedule.

If you are contemplating trying a class at one of the many art studios that have popped up, I highly recommend trying it with a friend.  Relax, don't be too hard on yourself (been there, done that) & enjoy two hours of not having to clean up behind someone!



Don't you love the 1970s speaker/sound system?  Funny thing is - it still works!


I love this snowman in the kids' snowman themed bathroom for winter

Sweet sister-in-law and I painted this one just before Christmas a couple of years ago


Here are the latest from our elf, Jingle -


He loved playing Disney Apples to Apples with the other toys.  The Beast & Marie were on a roll apparently.  Jingle brings our children a family game every year as a parting gift so it's only fitting that he gets to play a few games with the other toys while he visits.  Below is a picture of the ornaments that the Princess made for Jingle and Santa.  I was lucky enough to hear her whisper to Jingle that she made them just for him and Santa and asked him to take them to the North Pole for her.
Add caption

Snow Angels - Crazy elf!

The Princess is the Star Student this week in her class.  Below is her poster to share all of the things she loves.  I really really love the Walgreen's photo app.  My iPhone pictures aren't as good as my Cannon, but they are so convenient.


I had to share this last precious picture of the Baby.  She had to tag along on several errands with me this morning, including to Pier 1 to purchase a gift for the Sunday school ornament swap tonight.  I assure you I was extremely quick in my shopping, but while we were there she begged to sit on the 'comfy chair'.  After I paid for the ornament, here is how I found precious angel.  It was nearly painful to wake her and disturb her from the 'comfy chair'.  Thankfully, she wasn't too mad at me.


Now, off to make some sausage & cheese bread for the party tonight.

Hope

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

No comments:

Post a Comment