Pin It

Monday, November 11, 2013

The Flu Strikes!

I would like this blog to be mostly to share ideas and thoughts, but also want it serve as somewhat of a 'virtual scrapbook'.  That said, I would be remiss if I didn't mention that a certain Princess woke me last Thursday at 3 a.m. with blanket and pillow in hand to tell me that she wasn't feeling well and then proceeded to get sick all over her blanket.  She was running a fever and didn't sleep or stop getting sick until about 5 a.m.
The flu hits :(

At the pediatrician's office

The Princess has moderate to severe asthma so we are accustomed to severe coughing but not the type of coughing she had Thursday morning.  After dropping C-man at school and the Baby at preschool, the Princess and I headed to our AWESOME pediatrician who suspected the flu!!! WHAT?!?!?! My response was, "It can't be.  She had her flu shot 5-6 weeks ago." Because of the Princess's asthma, I won't play chicken with the flu.  The 4 people I am responsible for always get the flu vaccine as soon as it is available.  (Honey is on his own in scheduling his shot and, no, he has still not gotten said shot.)

Feeling Awful
Feeling better but still camped out on the couch
Bad news - the Princess had Type A flu.  Good news - the flu shot and the Tamiflu helped lessen the length and severity significantly.  Sadly, the Princess missed getting to see the musical 'Shrek' (which was performed by an all children cast and was truly amazing), sing at church with the children's choir and twirl in today's Veteran's Day parade.  She felt MUCH better today and wanted to go to school.  I wouldn't agree to twirling in the Veteran's Day parade because of the cold, but did agree to school.

Maybe it wasn't the best idea though because I had to make 4 trips to their school today - yes, four!  One to drop them off, one to take another dose of Zofran because the tamiflu was too hard on her stomach, one to pick up the Princess because she had somehow gotten a massive splinter in her hand at recess, and one to pick up C-man. Thankfully, Honey was home today to help!

This is how the Princess woke the Baby up this morning - so sweet!

Doctor Mom takes out the splinter
I have another post planned for tonight about a certain Veteran who I love dearly.

Hope

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

No comments:

Post a Comment